Thank you to everyone who is following us into 2012! We have lots of new items, goals and products we can't wait to introduce for this year. As we change the face of Baby-Bug Boutique, continue to improve our quality of products and work on increasing our exposure we appreciate your support each step of the way.
Some have been with us since day 1, and other since only yesterday, but we love each of you just the same.
Since this is our first posting for the 2012 year, and hopefully I can stick to my blogging schedule better this year (fall craft show season swept me up and away very quickly this year, in addition to our embroidery machine being down since mid-December and well, it still isn't resolved...save that for another day), I will be sharing 12 little facts about me that some of you may or may not know.
1. My favorite flower, well flowers in the world are spray roses and calla lillies. The first time Brian ever bought me flowers, it was during a motorcycle ride from a little flower shop off the lake (which has unfortunately closed), and they were a very beautiful light pink bunch of spray roses...they are still hanging from the ceiling, next to my side of the bed.
2. I have an obsession with buying fabric. My goal for this year was to use more fabric that I already have here than buy...so far I have on succeeded in buying more fabric because it is cute, it is soft, it is pretty, or I just feel compelled to buy it.
3. One of my all time favorite things to do is sing and dance around my kitchen (without scissors in my hands I promise). I am a music fanatic and even more so when it comes to musicals, showtunes and Disney movie songs (the kids have taking a liking to these lately so we've watched a lot of the all time classics and ofcourse newer ones too). Being in my church's choir has only enhanced the singing part, my radio is always on downstairs when a movie isn't playing.
4. My biggest, most desired dream is to own a store that I can live above. You know the cute little stores you see in downtown areas...yep that's what I want.
5. I love eating chocolate (who doesn't right?), I recently signed up as an Independent Chocolatier with Dove Chocolate Discoveries, which has in fact helped me not eat near as much chocolate, but has allowed me to eat better chocolate and learn more about how to make great desserts that are also healthy. We have a weight watchers point list, which I am not enrolled in that program, but I like knowing there are ways I can still enjoy these great products in a healthy amount.
6. For the first time in 6 years ~ I have finally washed our clothes in our own washign machine! We have been going to the laundry mat for two years. This past Christmas, Brian made sure we had a washing machine hooked up and functioning! I can't tell you how domestic and how excited it makes me feel at times! No more creepy men looking to see what underwear I have...hahahaha!
7. This coming fall I will be looking into adding "home-schooling" to my collection of hats and jobs. We have some concerns with Aubrey and the education she will potentially have in our local school system. She will stay enrolled in pre-K this year, but we are serisouly researching and looking into home-school for the remainder of her schooling.
8. Two things I can't seem to comprehend sewing wise ~ sewing in zippers and making clothing items. This year I will attempt to make Aubrey a Cherokee Cloth Dress to wear to the Pow Wows we attend, but I can't totally understand how to make clothing items...and zippers terrify me!
9. Make favorite thing to make right now is birth record blankets ~ I love creating a little keepsake for us moms out there, who want to preserve the memories of the day we brought our little ones into this world...now to formulate a plan to keep them that little right? But seriously, I love being a part in recording that special day!
10. When I need to take a break from sewing I using pull out my charocoals or pencils and sketch a drawing. My favorite medium is charcoal, but sometimes it is just too messy to get into.
11. 90% of our items come from patterns that I have personally made...the remaining 10% are from patterns we have bought and then altered to my personal style. Sometimes we all need a little guide and a start for a new idea. We only purchase patterns that allow us to sell the items we've made from it and until we develope our own pattern credit is given to the owner of the purchased pattern.
12. I would love to get rid of my baby bump...yet sometimes I am very PROUD to have it. I have carried 5 babies, 3 of which are here to tell of it. I don't want my bump to grow any...lol...but I am proud to be a mother and if it shows, that is more than fine.
Here is our family picture from the summer of 2011 ~ I don't have many great pictures from the beginning of this year, but this is our "little" family of 5. My inspirations, my best partners in crime and best supporters. Our business would not exist if it wasn't for them.